Talk to a Doctor About Heavy Periods
Many women don’t realize heavy periods – also known as menorrhagia – are a common, treatable condition.
GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® Uterine Balloon Therapy System offers an effective, nonhormonal treatment for heavy periods. It involves a minimally invasive, 8-minute procedure that can be performed in the doctor’s office or in a hospital.
Stop Coping. Start Living.™
Get the conversation started today. Based on your condition, there are questions you might want to ask your doctor or surgeon. The following questions are designed to help you find out more information about your particular condition and the kinds of treatment that may be right for you. The more informed you are, the more comfortable you'll be with the decision you, your family and your doctor make together.
- What is the cause of my heavy periods?
- What course of treatment do you recommend for me?
- If I take hormones, will my condition improve?
- What are the least invasive treatment options for heavy periods?
- Am I a candidate for treatment with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE® Uterine Balloon Therapy System?
- Will treatment affect my ability to have children?
- What are the potential risks associated with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE®?
- How soon after treatment can I resume normal activities?
- Can this treatment be performed in your office?
- Will I need to continue to use contraception after treatment?
- May I talk to one of your patients who has been treated with GYNECARE THERMACHOICE®?
- Can you take care of this problem or can you refer me to a doctor specializing in treating heavy periods?
- If I need a hysterectomy, is there a minimally invasive option?
Click here to print these questions to ask your doctor